miércoles, 9 de diciembre de 2015

Story of a liberty shirt

After two depressing failures, I needed some sure bet to sew in order to rebuild my self-esteem. So I got into my Liberty Treasure Chest and took out my swatch of the classic and delicate Katie and Millie (version D). It is such a sweet pattern that it even hurts to put it to the scissors.

All You Need is...

The color palette of this particular one so in tune with the season, that I really did not want to mess it up. Probably that is why i went for this ultra-expensive buttons, 1€ a piece, made out of mother of pearl and its delicious green hue. After I bought them, and thought that nobody is likely to pay any attention to my baby’s back but..oh well, I know they are there. 


Katie and Millie C = superbe!

I chose to make a baby shirt. Practical to the max. It is the very first time I made it, so I was nervouis but I can't be any more satisfied with the result.  This year, it seems it is all about ruffles along the sleeves seams. And now that I have completed it, I understand why. It is sweet. 


Detail of the in-vogue ruffle sleeve seams
Here, you can see the cut out of the pattern. I anticipated some trouble with the trimming of the neckline. Mainly, because I did not know how to properly do it. Should I line it? Should I just use some bias tape? I coulnd’t fine any reliable advice online. Apparently, it is such an easy matter that nobody minds giving tips to seamstress wannabe the like of me.
Just in case, you are reading this and find yourself in a similar predicament, here are my two cents. I have gone for both options and lining it went terribly (I will explain in the next post). So, bias tape, of the same fabric is definitely the way to do it. Trust me on that. 


Shirt Proposal

And here is how it turned out. I wish I had the guts to post pics of the baby birds sporting what we make, but I don’t dare, for the most part of our posts. Sorry about that. You will have to trust me when I say that she looks sweet. 


AW15 Baby Shirt 

Oh! Total time for project completion: 3h.
Believe me!

No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario